If you're looking to get into the low-margin, high-turnover world of trendy e-commerce, do we have a large body of copy and pasted text for you: Fab.com is looking for an executive assistant. As long as you don't mind the constant "jokes" from your boss about being fired, you could be perfect.
Date: Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Special Assistant to Jason Goldberg, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Fab.
Fab is seeking a talented and detail-focused individual to work as the Special Assistant to Jason Goldberg, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Fab.
If you are smart, unique, all sorts of organized, and have the ability to get shit done, this could be the opportunity of a lifetime for you.
Fab is the fastest growing E-commerce Company worldwide, with more than 10 million members in 26 countries.
This is a rare opportunity to gain insight into Fab as a business, and work with every part of the Fab organization, including design partners.
To support our dynamic, charismatic and in demand Founders, the right candidate for this job will be maniacally detail focused, highly organized, able to multi-task, warm and friendly, with a positive outlook and great sense of humor.
- Maintain schedules of in house and out of house meetings, and coordinate calls
- Schedule and prepare materials for executive meetings, board meetings, and dinners
- Travel Management including; Manage flight, hotel, award redemption, car, transportation, restaurant, spa, etc. bookings using multiple tools
- Urgently respond to rebooking needs due to unexpected travel interruptions, in any time zone
- Executive Office administration
- Organize/coordinate CEO meetings, schedules with other execs
- Screening phone calls, emails, appointment requests
- Partner with office admin to mail packages and letters; track down lost packages; maintain CEO's office
- File and track expenses reports
- Run errands
- Protect “down time”
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or any combination of education and experience, which would provide the desired knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the variety of tasks above.
- Knowledge on New York, with the ability to navigate obstacles to get things done (finding restaurants, getting show tickets, finding gifts, etc)
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills, with experience in keeping others organized?
- Prior experience in a coordination or planning role advantageous
- Must be skilled in office administration as well as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google mail) and internet
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task using exceptional judgment in a fast-paced environment, and maintain a flexible and positive attitude
- Proven experience maintaining high level of discretion and confidentiality regarding all business and personnel matters
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Key Competencies for Success:
- Action and Results Orientation
- Agility and Speed
- Adaptable to Change
- Possess effective communication skills (listening, oral, and written).
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, multi-task and effectively adapt to change.
- Excellent customer service orientation
Fab offers a great work environment, free catered lunch every day, employee discounts and the ability to be part of a fast growing global company. We aren't stuffy at Fab, and we hope you aren't either. We encourage you to wear what you want, and become what you want to be. At Fab you will experience:
- The chance to work with a pioneering and exciting eCommerce company
- Competitive pay and employee benefits package
- Work with a dynamic international team
- Ability to develop personally and professionally
Fab’s mission is to help people better their lives with design.
More than 10 million people around the world use Fab to discover everyday design products at great prices, to connect with the world’s most exciting designers, and to share their favorite design inspiration.
In addition to "agility," the requirement of waking up at a moment's notice when Goldberg needs something on the other side of the planet, and "protecting" his "down time," make sure you aren't even tempted to put your jacket on the back of your chair at the office.